Latter-day Saints Skinny Dipper's Forum
Welcome to the New LDS Skinny Dipper's Forum!
(View six year's of archives here.)

While this website is primarily for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or Mormons, who are interested in chaste, wholesome, recreational nudity, everyone is welcome to participate.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Nude Baptisms?
Mormondad Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 12:05:37 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 252 time(s) in 157 post(s)
A while back I was in the downstairs of the Box Elder County office building. It is an older structure and they have many pictures on the walls that date back to the early days of the county. One of the pictures shows several folks out at a water hole where a baptism is taking place. Now my eyes aren't quite what they used to be but it certainly appeared that several who were preparing to enter the waters of baptism were nude.
"Modesty died when clothes were born."
---Mark Twain
1 user thanked Mormondad for this useful post.
azdipper on 2/25/2016(UTC)
zorro Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 11:32:02 PM(UTC)
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
baptisms where done in the nude prior to John the baptist, (the jews baptise even today), they stopped in the catholic church in the 4th century when a pope decided they where indecent. the catholic baptisms at that time included washing and anointings that where worded close to the temple wording.
Chameleon104 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 8:05:33 AM(UTC)
Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I am all in favor of nude baptisms. Nothing closer to pure innocence than being nude and natural.

Nudist Families are Forever!
Mormondad Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 9:39:46 AM(UTC)

I was just surprised to see apparent photographic evidence that it occurred more recently in Utah. I dare say most folks looking at the picture never recognized that there are folks nude, as you have to look a little close or perhaps be more 'in tune' to seeing it to recognize it.
---Mark Twain
pclark8 Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 9:55:31 AM(UTC)
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I would be all in favor of nude baptisms also. We are being baptized for the symbolic washing away of our sins and rebirth. What do clothes tend to symbolize? Do they not symbolize status, greed, power? I understand we wear white simple clothes for symbolizing purity but wouldn't it be more pure and innocent to be nude like when we were born the first time. That's how we came into the world originally and we were clean and pure at that time (spotless from sin). Anyways I know this is preaching to the choir so I will get off the soap box.
Mormondad Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 10:19:35 AM(UTC)

Actually the symbolism most used for baptism is to be "born again" so logically being nude in that process does make perfect sense.
---Mark Twain
RetiredOkie Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 11:47:53 AM(UTC)
Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Yes all are born nude. Well so I understand I have no remembrance. Most are born head first so emerging from the water head first makes sense.

However a few of us came into this world backwards bent over ( as my mother reminds me every year on my birthday). That might make for an interesting baptism!
retiredokie

Ravenwarbird Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 6:05:43 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 68 post(s)
I do not recall if I said this before on the first site but I knew a guy who said he invited a friend to his baptism when he was eight and his friend invited him to his baptism several months later. His friend belonged to a church who practiced nude baptism. He said there were about 20 boys and girls between I think 6 and 14 all standing outside naked in a line facing the assembled congregation, who were seated on folding chairs, while the minister preached for half hour I think he said. Then the minister when into the water and summoned each person one by one to join him in the water where he baptized them by immersion after which they exited the water and were given a towel to dry off with before putting on a white robe that they wore for the rest of the gathering. There was a picnic lunch afterward where all the newly baptized were congratulated on being saved in the kingdom or something like that.
Remember the simple things are the fundamentals of life. Choose ye your path this day. Si prima non succederet usus duct tape.
zorro Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:12:02 AM(UTC)
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
when i was young,(a hundred years ago), i had a goal to baptise as a priest. the girl across the street was investigating and asked me if i would baptise her, of course i was excited. she came by one day and asked if we could go for a walk, as we walked she asked if anyone else would be at her baptism, i told her of course that all the youth would be there where-apon she asked if it could only be her and i as she said she never had been naked in front of anyone before. now though as a youth i had natuist tendancies but have to admit i was disapointed to inform her that she would be dressed as she had a stunning figure. i often pondered that if the still did nude baptisms in the church they would proubly get more young men signing up. sadly she was given anti lititure and backed out, though i did reach my goal and baptised as a priest. nude baptism would also weed out many being baptised for the wrong reason as the would be more serious.
RetiredOkie Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 1:14:56 PM(UTC)
80 year old men and women join the church as well. If nude baptisms were still the norm, one would have to take life as it appears so to speak.

Small and short . Thick and thin, light and heavy. Imagine nude baptism for every one you meet in Walmart. Just the thought makes my eyes sting.
retiredokie

wildwooly Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 7:25:53 PM(UTC)
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Angel If I had been baptized in the nude my parents probably be up set with the idea of doing baptisms in the nude.
Frontiersman Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 7:31:55 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 36 post(s)
RetiredOkie, I thought that was the idea of both the church and nudism, accept everybody, no matter what. Whistle
De oppresso liber
RetiredOkie Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 9:16:54 PM(UTC)
Frontiersman wrote:
RetiredOkie, I thought that was the idea of both the church and nudism, accept everybody, no matter what. Whistle

That is correct . But Some are more challenging than others. I think enduring to the end sometimes is a tough row to hoe.

But yes accept everyone. I just wish more of us would take better care of the bodies we have been given. Just like no one like to sit next to someone that has obviously not bathed for the last 56 months..

Many people singe the senses when they are around.
retiredokie

Chameleon104 Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 1, 2014 11:05:25 AM(UTC)
Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Personally never met an unclean or sweaty, smelly nudist. Most are meticulously clean. Probably comes from all the pools and saunas they spend time in.

Nudist Families are Forever!
pipermac5 Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 7:49:21 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Garden of Eden Church, the group that hosted our Christian Naturist Festival, does nude baptisms. I would suppose that other nudist churches do also.

I am naked and unashamed in Christ!

Steve
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us
EltonJ Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 9:42:43 PM(UTC)

pipermac5 wrote:
Garden of Eden Church, the group that hosted our Christian Naturist Festival, does nude baptisms. I would suppose that other nudist churches do also.

I am naked and unashamed in Christ!

Steve

I approve of nude baptisms. Several early members of the LDS Church were baptized as naked as the day they were born.
The resurrection is pure beauty.
Mormondad Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2015 4:40:06 PM(UTC)

EltonJ wrote:
I approve of nude baptisms. Several early members of the LDS Church were baptized as naked as the day they were born.

Not disputing this but do you have evidence of such? I think it would be great for all to have some real references to quote if needed.
---Mark Twain
EltonJ Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:36:15 PM(UTC)

Mormondad wrote:
EltonJ wrote:

Not disputing this but do you have evidence of such? I think it would be great for all to have some real references to quote if needed.

I can find some. I'm pretty sure one early member of Joseph Smith's Church was baptized in the nude.
The resurrection is pure beauty.
azdipper Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2016 10:24:21 AM(UTC)

It is quite a nice idea or concept that baptisms would be done while nude. I'm sure back 50-100 years ago it would be more acceptable than in today's bad world. Enjoyed reading about that other church having several youth standing nude waiting for their turn to be baptized. Would show quite a level of innocence and trust. Lead on.
Azdipper

Wise men still seek Him
Roamer Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:34:35 PM(UTC)
Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 63 post(s)
The challenge is most accounts regarding baptism will be written for a "contemporary reader" who is aware of more than we may be. After all, if you have a written account of your own baptism, does it include a description of what you were wearing, or does it assume white robe, and so on?