Latter-day Saints Skinny Dipper's Forum
Welcome to the New LDS Skinny Dipper's Forum!
(View six year's of archives here.)

While this website is primarily for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or Mormons, who are interested in chaste, wholesome, recreational nudity, everyone is welcome to participate.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
benefits of sleeping naked
Goodlife Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:51:38 AM(UTC)
Rank: Telestial Member
Joined: 12/30/2014(UTC)
Posts: 13
Location: Southwest Idaho
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I read af few articles on the benefits of sleeping nude. I really feel the benefits would be very good for my wife and I. I'm thinking a couple nights a week would allow me to enjoy much of the benefit but still allow me to feel good about wearing my garments "day and night." (although I didn't hear that requirement in the temple as I recall). I feel perfectly good about that but I know I wouldn't feel good about doing so every night. Am I just justifying it in my own mind or am I following the spirit on this, that is what I need to answer for myself. Any thoughts on the subject? I didn't find too much in my search of the forum (maybe I did it wrong)
Mormondad Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 1:47:43 PM(UTC)

Rank: Exalted Millennial Member
Joined: 11/20/2012(UTC)
Posts: 877
Location: Utah
Thanks: 17 times
Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 166 post(s)
Only you can answer the question as to whether you are 'justifying' it or not. It all goes back to your reasoning/motivation. I do often sleep nude, I find it more comfortable at times and more relaxing. My wife sleeps nude quite frequently. Neither of us have a problem with the question of wearing garments or not.

There are times when I find my garments binding and getting twisted as I sleep, at those times they come off. My wife has other health issues and such which makes wearing much of anything at night problematic. We don't 'try to find opportunities to not wear them' but have no issue setting them aside when the situation warrants.

To better explain my understanding of the garment and its wearing I like to paraphrase a verse in the New Testament; "Is the Garment made for man or man made for the Garment?" After all in the end what is the garment? A piece of underwear. Now don't misunderstand me, it is an underwear with a very real symbology, but I don't need the garment to remind me of the covenants and such that it represents. Think of it like your wedding band. Does the wearing the wedding band mean you are or are not married? Does the wedding band protect you from breaking your marriage vows? Does your wedding band remind you of your marriage covenants?
"Modesty died when clothes were born."
---Mark Twain
2 users thanked Mormondad for this useful post.
GBSmith on 1/27/2015(UTC), Nichole1175 on 4/24/2018(UTC)
GBSmith Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 3:59:48 PM(UTC)
Rank: Exalted Millennial Member
Joined: 8/8/2013(UTC)
Posts: 329
Location: Lynden WA
Thanks: 76 times
Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Goodlife wrote:
I read af few articles on the benefits of sleeping nude. I really feel the benefits would be very good for my wife and I. I'm thinking a couple nights a week would allow me to enjoy much of the benefit but still allow me to feel good about wearing my garments "day and night." (although I didn't hear that requirement in the temple as I recall). I feel perfectly good about that but I know I wouldn't feel good about doing so every night. Am I just justifying it in my own mind or am I following the spirit on this, that is what I need to answer for myself. Any thoughts on the subject? I didn't find too much in my search of the forum (maybe I did it wrong)


Here's a link on the subject that was just reblogged on clothesfreelife.com http://jenniferpilatesun...s-health-and-happiness/
You're right about the temple. The instruction, not covenant, is to wear the garment throughout your life and not defile it. And what Mormondad said.
Skinnydipperjim Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2015 12:32:45 AM(UTC)

Rank: Telestial Member
Joined: 7/30/2013(UTC)
Posts: 90
Location: CA
Thanks: 19 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I've been thinking about that subject the last couple of weeks because I just had a temple recommend interviews recently. I love sleeping naked and have been almost every night for the last eight months. I love not having to adjust closes and I seem to sleep cooler and or warmer. I've come to thinking of sleeping naked like doing sports, working out, and swimming. I do t were my garments for those activities and then I put them on when I'm done.so I do when I'm sleeping. I done a lot of thinking about it I feel good about it for me. The only place they talk about wearing the garment day and night is in the recommend questions and not in he temple. Does any one any hystory on that… has it always been apart of the questions?
GBSmith Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2015 8:09:45 AM(UTC)
Rank: Exalted Millennial Member
Joined: 8/8/2013(UTC)
Posts: 329
Location: Lynden WA
Thanks: 76 times
Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Skinnydipperjim wrote:
I've been thinking about that subject the last couple of weeks because I just had a temple recommend interviews recently. I love sleeping naked and have been almost every night for the last eight months. I love not having to adjust closes and I seem to sleep cooler and or warmer. I've come to thinking of sleeping naked like doing sports, working out, and swimming. I do t were my garments for those activities and then I put them on when I'm done.so I do when I'm sleeping. I done a lot of thinking about it I feel good about it for me. The only place they talk about wearing the garment day and night is in the recommend questions and not in he temple. Does any one any hystory on that… has it always been apart of the questions?


I was endowed over 50 years ago and I don't recall these questions until more recent years. It sounds like you've given some thought to the matter and have a good take on things. Just trust your judgement and the Spirit and you'll be ok. Being a good member doesn't mean checking your brain at the door.
Mormondad Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:54:26 AM(UTC)

Rank: Exalted Millennial Member
Joined: 11/20/2012(UTC)
Posts: 877
Location: Utah
Thanks: 17 times
Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 166 post(s)
Guidance from the First Presidency on the matter (as found in the official Handbook) states that this matter has the same guidance as does Tithing. It's between the individual and Heavenly Father as to how you define and live it. If you are comfortable in your situation and have taken it to Heavenly Father and have a confident response from Him then you can honestly answer the question in the affirmative. If you have some doubts then I suggest you adhere to the more strict interpretation until you resolve them one way or other. I don't however recommend asking everyone else about it as you'll be getting their opinion and not what is right for you. As with any other issue where their is no actual scripture or official guidance, I suggest study, ponder and prayer and asking Heavenly Father what is right. You'll get the right answer for you, which could easily be different than mine or someone else's.
"Modesty died when clothes were born."
---Mark Twain
1 user thanked Mormondad for this useful post.
MatthewW on 9/7/2017(UTC)
LazerusLong Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, February 6, 2015 8:48:43 PM(UTC)

Rank: Millennial Member
Joined: 7/29/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,000
Location: South Eastern Idaho
Thanks: 320 times
Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 173 post(s)
YNA linked to this post about benefits of sleeping nude...
The ways of God, government, & girls are all mysterious & it is not given to mortal man to understand them. - LazarusLong
sharon73 Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 3, 2017 6:25:10 PM(UTC)
Rank: Textile Member
Joined: 2/10/2017(UTC)
Posts: 8
Location: MA
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Goodlife wrote:
I read af few articles on the benefits of sleeping nude. I really feel the benefits would be very good for my wife and I. I'm thinking a couple nights a week would allow me to enjoy much of the benefit but still allow me to feel good about wearing my garments "day and night." (although I didn't hear that requirement in the temple as I recall). I feel perfectly good about that but I know I wouldn't feel good about doing so every night. Am I just justifying it in my own mind or am I following the spirit on this, that is what I need to answer for myself. Any thoughts on the subject? I didn't find too much in my search of the forum (maybe I did it wrong)



Don't know of any benefits, I just enjoy sleeping nude
GBSmith Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 3, 2017 9:08:00 PM(UTC)
Rank: Exalted Millennial Member
Joined: 8/8/2013(UTC)
Posts: 329
Location: Lynden WA
Thanks: 76 times
Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 56 post(s)
sharon73 wrote:

Don't know of any benefits, I just enjoy sleeping nude

Best reason of all.
1 user thanked GBSmith for this useful post.
Chameleon104 on 9/4/2017(UTC)
Chameleon104 Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 6:29:27 AM(UTC)
Rank: Terrestrial Member
Joined: 11/22/2012(UTC)
Posts: 419
Thanks: 68 times
Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 61 post(s)
That answer works for me, too.


Nudist Families are Forever!
jay_p Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 11:17:04 AM(UTC)

Rank: Telestial Member
Joined: 8/28/2017(UTC)
Posts: 79
Location: SouthEast USA
Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I have heard there are benefits health-wise to sleeping naked, and there may in fact be some. But primarily it is an issue of comfort for me. Especially since I started doing it I find it hard to go bak to having to wear something to bed. Which I will often do if we are staying at someone else's house or we have guests. Though I would think in the case of guests that it is not unreasonable to expect that they should not be shocked at me in my own house.
However, in the spirit of being courteous to the fact most people probably are noT ready to se their host nude I do make sure to stay covered just in case.
Nudedad Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 11:04:15 PM(UTC)

Rank: Terrestrial Member
Joined: 2/22/2017(UTC)
Posts: 268
Location: missouri
Thanks: 97 times
Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
I have always been one to sweat at night. And sometimes wake up soaking wet. When I am sleeping naked, the sweating is either reduced or non-existent. It is an issue that I have wrestled with before the Lord. And I, too, feel that He is accepting of my reasoning for sleeping naked. Because when I do try to sleep with the garments, they usually come off during the night, because they are drenched in sweat. I love the feeling of nothing but sheets against my skin, or just lying on top of the bed.
People condemn what they don't know or understand.
DadinSW Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 11:44:20 PM(UTC)

Rank: Telestial Member
Joined: 1/1/2016(UTC)
Posts: 118
Location: AZ
Thanks: 65 times
Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Mormondad wrote:
Only you can answer the question as to whether you are 'justifying' it or not. It all goes back to your reasoning/motivation. I do often sleep nude, I find it more comfortable at times and more relaxing. My wife sleeps nude quite frequently. Neither of us have a problem with the question of wearing garments or not.

There are times when I find my garments binding and getting twisted as I sleep, at those times they come off. My wife has other health issues and such which makes wearing much of anything at night problematic. We don't 'try to find opportunities to not wear them' but have no issue setting them aside when the situation warrants.

To better explain my understanding of the garment and its wearing I like to paraphrase a verse in the New Testament; "Is the Garment made for man or man made for the Garment?" After all in the end what is the garment? A piece of underwear. Now don't misunderstand me, it is an underwear with a very real symbology, but I don't need the garment to remind me of the covenants and such that it represents. Think of it like your wedding band. Does the wearing the wedding band mean you are or are not married? Does the wedding band protect you from breaking your marriage vows? Does your wedding band remind you of your marriage covenants?


I agree with the garment being made for man, and not man for the garment. On the other hand, I have felt very distinctly the spiritual protection promised with regard to the garment, so I see it as more than just a reminder of covenants. So, for me there is a balance that I try to strike between casual nudity and/or sleeping nude and wearing the garment. Sometimes the Spirit will direct one way or the other.
Nudedad Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 4:37:08 AM(UTC)

Rank: Terrestrial Member
Joined: 2/22/2017(UTC)
Posts: 268
Location: missouri
Thanks: 97 times
Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
I have the same experience. Sometimes I feel like after a while of being naked, whether during the night or day, it's time to put my clothes back on. Maybe to help me strike that balance that is needed in life. Even Elder Ballard talked against fanaticism in the Gospel. In fact, I just slept naked and had a dream testifying to me that Hyrum was indeed a huge part in the restoration of the Gospel. If I was in sin, I wouldn't have the Spirit with me to testify of these things.
People condemn what they don't know or understand.
1 user thanked Nudedad for this useful post.
DadinSW on 4/6/2018(UTC)
Mormondad Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 8:36:18 PM(UTC)

Rank: Exalted Millennial Member
Joined: 11/20/2012(UTC)
Posts: 877
Location: Utah
Thanks: 17 times
Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 166 post(s)
I believe there are requirements from Heavenly Father that are tailored for the time the individual lives in. We find no requirement in past times for the wearing of the garment, we find no requirements in past times for abstaining from alcohol, but both of these are requirements of our time. We also find a requirement of circumcision for the children of Isreal in times past but not today (apparently discontinued after Christ's death and resurrection). Commandments and directions are given at different times and places and for good reasons, although often not known to the children of man. I do wear my garments day and night. I don't always wear them all the time as I find it necessary to remove them for some purposes. I have found that removing them to sleep is a good reason as it has very real health benefits.
"Modesty died when clothes were born."
---Mark Twain
Saudin Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 7:07:28 PM(UTC)

Rank: Telestial Member
Joined: 3/22/2018(UTC)
Posts: 11
Location: Utah
Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have been sleeping nude for about 6-7 months now, and honestly, I've never slept better in my life! I used to wake up several times a night to readjust my pj's because they'd get twisted from turning and moving positions, and it got to the point that my naturist self said, "just sleep without them!" So that's what I did. Besides the fact that it's more comfortable, sleeping nude has improved my sleeping quite a bit. I actually wake up feeling more refreshed in the morning, and getting out of bed has always been a struggle for me growing up. When I'm spending the night at someone else's home, I'll wear my regular pj's since they are more in line with mainstream views of nudity. I'd definitely recommend to anyone who is having a hard time sleeping or not feeling rested enough to try sleeping nude.
1 user thanked Saudin for this useful post.
dv8r on 4/30/2018(UTC)
Nichole1175 Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 8:43:33 PM(UTC)
Rank: Textile Member
Joined: 4/23/2018(UTC)
Posts: 9
Location: Ogden, UT
Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Mormondad, I really appreciate your comments on this topic.
I also sometimes struggle with any materials bunching up or bothering me during the night. My husband has called me the Princess and the Pea a few times. I have nerve issues (possibly fibromyalgia) that sometimes make wearing anything at night unbearable. I agree that this topic comes down to a personal thing between self and the Lord, and our intentions for what we do or do not do.
Mormondad Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 8:48:56 AM(UTC)

Rank: Exalted Millennial Member
Joined: 11/20/2012(UTC)
Posts: 877
Location: Utah
Thanks: 17 times
Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 166 post(s)
Nichole.
My wife suffers from the same issue and has found sleeping nude is helpful. As her condition became more acute she started wearing less to bed and now almost never wears anything in bed. I don't know if in the future she will want to wear less even during the day, which is possible. I doubt Heavenly Father would condemn her for not wearing garments all the time due to her medical issues, while some in the church might but we don't pay much attention to those busy-bodies and discount their opinions.
"Modesty died when clothes were born."
---Mark Twain
Nudedad Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:03:15 PM(UTC)

Rank: Terrestrial Member
Joined: 2/22/2017(UTC)
Posts: 268
Location: missouri
Thanks: 97 times
Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
The Gospel is not a cookie cutter program. Sometimes we have to adjust things to our individual needs. I sweat less when I am sleeping completely naked at night. When I am wearing something, I wake up in a pool of sweat and have to wind up taking the garments off anyway to dry out. Heavenly Father knows our needs
People condemn what they don't know or understand.
Mormondad Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:13:21 PM(UTC)

Rank: Exalted Millennial Member
Joined: 11/20/2012(UTC)
Posts: 877
Location: Utah
Thanks: 17 times
Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 166 post(s)
Nudedad wrote:
The Gospel is not a cookie cutter program. Sometimes we have to adjust things to our individual needs.


We just need to get this through the minds of several LDS busy-bodies.
"Modesty died when clothes were born."
---Mark Twain
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

SoClean Theme By Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by YAF 1.9.5 RC1 | YAF © 2003-2010, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.095 seconds.