Latter-day Saints Skinny Dipper's Forum
Welcome to the New LDS Skinny Dipper's Forum!
(View six year's of archives here.)

While this website is primarily for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or Mormons, who are interested in chaste, wholesome, recreational nudity, everyone is welcome to participate.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
5 Pages«<345
Non-Official Official position
Nudedad Offline
#81 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 6:20:04 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 47 post(s)
rndmbjnkf wrote:
[quote=DadinSW]The inaccurate "day and night" verbiage has fortunately been removed. It will take much longer to undo the cultural damage.

I would love to be naked 24x7 (I try to get a few hours a day) or at least whenever I didn't have to interact with society, but admit I feel blessed when I choose to wear the garment at night. Several times I have felt a real degree of protection from evil in connection with the garment. That said, I sure wish the protection could be achieved without clothes!

I'm ambivalent about not having the protection while not wearing it. I believe that the protection doesn't necessarily disappear when the garment is removed, but even with the verbiage from before, it seemed to reference that the protection would be available as long as you honored it.

When it comes to honoring it, there are a few thoughts I have about it. To start, you honor it by respecting it. How do you handle it? Is it just another piece of clothing you toss aside, step on, rumple, or disregard? Is it just a piece of fabric you dutifully wear like any other piece of clothing but disregard outside of keeping you "decent" or "modest"? The point is that it should be handled with care and regarded as something more. It is an outward reminder of an inner commitment to God, something that is present for us to remember to keep the sacred covenants we made in the temple. When we put it on and wear it, it should encourage us to stay true and honorable. We honor it by honoring our covenants.

But it has nothing to do with wearing it always. As we honor it and it becomes a constant reminder of those covenants and as we stay true to the Gospel and the one and true doctrine of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, we gain that protection. The true "modesty" of being humble in our appearance and behavior as well as following the other laws and ordinances of the Gospel actually gives us this protection.

(As a slight tangent: From what I understand, garments used to only be worn in the temple. Designs for it changed many times over the years until it became what it is now.)

This doesn't mean that you can get away with never wearing your garments. Part of honoring them is wearing them appropriately. You don't get them just to keep them in your underwear drawer. Instead, it is a good thing to go out and about with your day with them on. I'd think that a good rule of thumb may be to wear them when you're out of the house, but some exceptions do exist. Sometimes, I've not worn them if I'm already naked and my wife and I feel too lazy to cook, so I slap on a pair of shorts and a jacket and run to a drive thru. I'm not the biggest fan that specific case, but I do feel like I shouldn't get a fresh pair out just for that. Going to work, however, I feel uncomfortable being without them.

There are days like today that I don't leave the house. Unless somebody is coming over, I generally just stay about the house, doing everything nude. (My wife is fine with that, though walking around all day naked like me isn't her cup of tea.) I sleep naked and so I'm naked for over 24 hours. I don't feel a dearth of the Spirit on these days because I didn't don a pair of garments, but I also strive to keep the Gospel in my life. Reflecting on the garment makes me think about the covenants I've made and making sure I honor those covenants helps me have the protection I need. It doesn't have anything to do with a quantity of time that I spend with them on.

There are many other thoughts I have about the garment, but I feel like those thoughts should be put into a more focused thread. I feel like if we spend undue concern about wearing the garment for x amount of hours or be too picky in other respects, we very well will miss the mark on its role.[/quote
Very well put. There are times for me, like right now, when I feel like I just need to be naked. Clothes start feeling tight and suffocating. Or I go to sleep and wake up in the middle of the night and my garments are drenched in sweat. I too could be naked 24/7 without any feelings of shame. I once participated in a bodybuilding competition, with nothing on but a small Speedo. It just felt natural to be in public just wearing that. I have the pride in my own life from trying to wear more costly apparel to try and impress my peers. It's a yucky feeling. I don't like to wear clean garments if my body is dirty and I can't get a shower immediately. I feel like that is part of honoring the garment as well. And sometimes Satan tries to make me feel guilty for not wearing it after a few hours. And I have come to recognize it as just that; he's trying to shame me.
People condemn what they don't know or understand.
Al_M Offline
#82 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 4:46:16 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 53 post(s)
A few thoughts. I have no intention of refuting anyone.

For the record: When I go to nudist resorts I take off my clothes. All of them.

Here is my take on the garment.

The garment is to our covenants as bread and water are to the sacrament, as water is to baptism, as laying on of hands is to confirmation, ordination, blessing the sick and setting people apart, as the temple is to covenants. If ritual symbols have any force (as I believe they do), all are non-trivial. As much as the covenant they represent, they also represent our acknowledgment that we receive his servants which is a symbol of receiving God. With symbols we recognize that God works through men and women to accomplish his work, not the Spirit alone. Catholics invest their symbols with supernatural power. Protestants deny them almost completely. LDS see them as symbols but vitally important ones that promote faithful action. These symbols are also symbols of obedience. They witness that we don't define all the rules. Why shouldn't we define all the rules? Because we will just make for ourselves a convenient religion. Invariably convenient religions don't really have room for loving neighbors and loving God. But that is not to say that obedience is mindless, inflexible or unyielding. Quite the contrary. Mindless obedience to the strictest possible version of any commandment is nearly as soul destroying as complete disobedience. There are always circumstances that have to be considered. We need freedom to make choices that still yield obedience. The key to obedience in wearing the garment is that we live our covenants of service, sacrifice, and fidelity. The sign of our obedience is that we wear the garment.

So what is the stated requirement:
  • Wear them as instructed in the temple. The instruction is that they should be worn throughout our lives.
  • Wear them under our outer clothing.
  • Not remove them for activities that can be done with them.
  • Not modify them.
  • Seek the Spirit for answers to personal questions

Here is my personal interpretation.
I wear them whenever I am wearing clothing that covers them. But not exercise clothes which do not cover them.
I wear them when I sleep. I wear them around the house for normal chores and relaxation. I remove them for bathing, exercising, nude recreation and all activities in nudist environments (except sleeping). I would not necessarily wear them if hospitalized.

I feel at peace with this interpretation. I won't quarrel with anyone else's interpretation.
1 user thanked Al_M for this useful post.
beachdreamer on 12/3/2019(UTC)
Al_M Offline
#83 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 10:20:53 AM(UTC)

I want to add a thought.

Here is my decision process

Wear them under outer clothing.: I am not wearing outer clothing when I am nude, exercising bathing etc.

Not remove them for activities that can be done while wearing them: At a nudist resort my primary intention is to be nude. I cannot be nude while wearing them. But being nude has to have a level of intentionality that prioritize it. Am I being nude or am I mowing the back 40? Am I sleeping or being nude? When I sleep I am sleeping. I can imagine a nuance here.

Modification is not an issue.

Rely on the Spirit. I would not be able to call in the Spirit if I were intent on covenant breaking. I can remove the garment at times but I must never remove my covenant.

Backcountryboy Offline
#84 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 4:03:50 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I agree with all that is said above. But here’s what I’ll add:

A lot of young people my age kind of try to find excuses to not wear the garment. I try make excuses to wear the garment.

So for example, when I go to a naturist function, I’m not getting naked just so that I don’t have to wear my garment, but rather, I’m getting naked because of a commitment to a powerful ethical philosophy that helps me respect my body and the bodies of others. but if I’m not at a naturist function and am not trying to exercise my “naturist muscles” in some way I wear the garment. Basically this translates to mean that I wear the garment when I sleep and whenever I’m wearing clothes.

Most importantly though, it’s an individual decision. That’s the beauty of the gospel: it is unique to everyone. No one is like us, so why would Gods answers be the same to us as they are to others? He knows what’s best for each individual.
God created our body, and Satan convinced everyone that it was shameful.
3 users thanked Backcountryboy for this useful post.
Al_M on 12/3/2019(UTC), observer BOSUDA on 12/4/2019(UTC), dv8r on 12/15/2019(UTC)
Al_M Offline
#85 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 8:20:49 PM(UTC)

Backcountryboy wrote:

So for example, when I go to a naturist function, I’m not getting naked just so that I don’t have to wear my garment, but rather, I’m getting naked because of a commitment to a powerful ethical philosophy that helps me respect my body and the bodies of others.

Perfectly said. You have defined an activity that cannot be done while wearing the garment.
rndmbjnkf Offline
#86 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 6:47:02 PM(UTC)
Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I feel like that same reason could be applied elsewhere. It's the reason why I want my children to grow up as naturists and be able to walk around in any level of dress about the house. I personally don't wear anything around the house, but again not because I abhor the garment and seek for times to stay out of it but because I truly believe in the philosophy. In addition to that, I have health concerns that are remedied by having nothing aggravating my skin.

The commitment to wear the garment throughout your life has a few principles that go along with it, one of which is the "relying on the Spirit" part which puts the onus on us to petition the Spirit to know how best to honor and wear the garment. I personally have taken it to prayer and from the answer I have no reservations in removing the garment around the house.
1 user thanked rndmbjnkf for this useful post.
Nudedad on 12/20/2019(UTC)
Nudedad Offline
#87 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 3:21:26 AM(UTC)

Nudedad wrote:
rndmbjnkf wrote:
[quote=DadinSW]The inaccurate "day and night" verbiage has fortunately been removed. It will take much longer to undo the cultural damage.

I would love to be naked 24x7 (I try to get a few hours a day) or at least whenever I didn't have to interact with society, but admit I feel blessed when I choose to wear the garment at night. Several times I have felt a real degree of protection from evil in connection with the garment. That said, I sure wish the protection could be achieved without clothes!

I'm ambivalent about not having the protection while not wearing it. I believe that the protection doesn't necessarily disappear when the garment is removed, but even with the verbiage from before, it seemed to reference that the protection would be available as long as you honored it.

When it comes to honoring it, there are a few thoughts I have about it. To start, you honor it by respecting it. How do you handle it? Is it just another piece of clothing you toss aside, step on, rumple, or disregard? Is it just a piece of fabric you dutifully wear like any other piece of clothing but disregard outside of keeping you "decent" or "modest"? The point is that it should be handled with care and regarded as something more. It is an outward reminder of an inner commitment to God, something that is present for us to remember to keep the sacred covenants we made in the temple. When we put it on and wear it, it should encourage us to stay true and honorable. We honor it by honoring our covenants.

But it has nothing to do with wearing it always. As we honor it and it becomes a constant reminder of those covenants and as we stay true to the Gospel and the one and true doctrine of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, we gain that protection. The true "modesty" of being humble in our appearance and behavior as well as following the other laws and ordinances of the Gospel actually gives us this protection.

(As a slight tangent: From what I understand, garments used to only be worn in the temple. Designs for it changed many times over the years until it became what it is now.)

This doesn't mean that you can get away with never wearing your garments. Part of honoring them is wearing them appropriately. You don't get them just to keep them in your underwear drawer. Instead, it is a good thing to go out and about with your day with them on. I'd think that a good rule of thumb may be to wear them when you're out of the house, but some exceptions do exist. Sometimes, I've not worn them if I'm already naked and my wife and I feel too lazy to cook, so I slap on a pair of shorts and a jacket and run to a drive thru. I'm not the biggest fan that specific case, but I do feel like I shouldn't get a fresh pair out just for that. Going to work, however, I feel uncomfortable being without them.

There are days like today that I don't leave the house. Unless somebody is coming over, I generally just stay about the house, doing everything nude. (My wife is fine with that, though walking around all day naked like me isn't her cup of tea.) I sleep naked and so I'm naked for over 24 hours. I don't feel a dearth of the Spirit on these days because I didn't don a pair of garments, but I also strive to keep the Gospel in my life. Reflecting on the garment makes me think about the covenants I've made and making sure I honor those covenants helps me have the protection I need. It doesn't have anything to do with a quantity of time that I spend with them on.

There are many other thoughts I have about the garment, but I feel like those thoughts should be put into a more focused thread. I feel like if we spend undue concern about wearing the garment for x amount of hours or be too picky in other respects, we very well will miss the mark on its role.[/quote
Very well put. There are times for me, like right now, when I feel like I just need to be naked. Clothes start feeling tight and suffocating. Or I go to sleep and wake up in the middle of the night and my garments are drenched in sweat. I too could be naked 24/7 without any feelings of shame. I once participated in a bodybuilding competition, with nothing on but a small Speedo. It just felt natural to be in public just wearing that. I have the pride in my own life from trying to wear more costly apparel to try and impress my peers. It's a yucky feeling. I don't like to wear clean garments if my body is dirty and I can't get a shower immediately. I feel like that is part of honoring the garment as well. And sometimes Satan tries to make me feel guilty for not wearing it after a few hours. And I have come to recognize it as just that; he's trying to shame me.

I know that it's Satan too. Sometimes I need to have my naked time; time to just relax and be myself. I have even prayed about it in the temple and had the thought in my head that I need to repent of my naturism. But then the thought is cast out. And I get the feeling that "this is who I am". I do believe that it's okay to enjoy a little nude time. When Noah landed on dry earth after the flood, he was in his tent relaxing, drinking and was naked. His sons, Shem and Japheth, were ashamed of his nakedness and walked backwards to cover him. Noah was angry and cursed them for it. Genesis 9:21-26. I also found one in Isaiah 20:2-4. Isaiah was told to un-robe completely in similitude of the prophecy that he had received about Ethiopia walking naked "to the shame of Egypt". Isaiah, himself, walked naked for three years looking for a "sign and wonder upon Egypt and Ethiopia". I'm sure that everyone considered him to be crazy.
So there is a spiritual side to having time to be naked. I look at it as shedding the cares of the world. The world just sees being naked as a time to be dirty and filthy. I look it as a time to just enjoy being human; to appreciate and see this wonderful body that God has given me. I exercise and try to watch my diet as well. I do that as much as I can naked as well.
I will never forget the time when I was in Nevada near the Truckee River, out in the woods. I was alone and decided that this was a good time to strip down. I just walked around the woods naked. I even tried to get in the water. This was around October of last year. The water was freezing. But it was worm that day and there were several deer around. It felt so good to feel at one with nature. I know that is why we prefer to be called naturists. This is truly a chance to be one with nature and enjoy this beautiful world which we have been given.
Nudedad Offline
#88 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 3:35:41 AM(UTC)

rndmbjnkf wrote:
I feel like that same reason could be applied elsewhere. It's the reason why I want my children to grow up as naturists and be able to walk around in any level of dress about the house. I personally don't wear anything around the house, but again not because I abhor the garment and seek for times to stay out of it but because I truly believe in the philosophy. In addition to that, I have health concerns that are remedied by having nothing aggravating my skin.

The commitment to wear the garment throughout your life has a few principles that go along with it, one of which is the "relying on the Spirit" part which puts the onus on us to petition the Spirit to know how best to honor and wear the garment. I personally have taken it to prayer and from the answer I have no reservations in removing the garment around the house.

I feel the same way as you do. I am a truck driver and so I am sitting for over 10 hours a day. At the end of the day I am so sore and starting to feel galded, even. There have been times when I have tried wearing the garment 24/7 and the results were not good. When I'm home, this is my time to be able to walk around the privacy of my own home in the nude. I'm glad that your kids are able to have that freedom as well. There is too much body shaming now-a-days. While growing up, kids needs to be able to feel comfortable with their bodies. I did have a brief time when I was with my first wife that we were naked a lot in the home, around the kids. Even though it was a little weird for my daughter, I think it has made her feel a little more comfortable being able to breastfeed her children in front of me. Although she covers up, there still isn't any shame. But I think having that chance to see me naked made her not try to look at pornography or have sex as a teenager to be able to see what boys look like.