Latter-day Saints Skinny Dipper's Forum
Welcome to the New LDS Skinny Dipper's Forum!
(View six year's of archives here.)

While this website is primarily for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or Mormons, who are interested in chaste, wholesome, recreational nudity, everyone is welcome to participate.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Naturist Article
Mormondad Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 2:26:56 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 166 post(s)
For those who are familiar with the Fig Leaf Forum and my not be aware, the owner of the site will no longer send out the newsletter due to some changes in Canadian Law. Another individual who I am familiar with is looking to try and pick up the mantle and continue what was a great resource for many. I have offered to pen a few articles over time and as he is getting ready to launch it sometime soon I thought I'd start working on one. I have been thinking of writing an initial article based upon naturism from the LDS point of view. I will be slowly working on it as I can and gathering source information. If anyone here has any suggestions and/or source material that might be helpful I would appreciate it.

I would also be open to suggested topics for articles in the future.
"Modesty died when clothes were born."
---Mark Twain
Frontiersman Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 2:34:19 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I didn't know that they were no longer able to publish a newsletter, that is unfortunate. Is the individual you are familiar with American, I'm guessing that is how they are continuing the newsletter.

What sort of source material or topics from the LDS perspective are you looking for?
De oppresso liber
Mormondad Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 2:37:40 PM(UTC)

Frontiersman wrote:
I didn't know that they were no longer able to publish a newsletter, that is unfortunate. Is the individual you are familiar with American, I'm guessing that is how they are continuing the newsletter.

What sort of source material or topics from the LDS perspective are you looking for?

Yes he's in the US. Apparently there was some changes to the laws of Canada dealing with mass communications over the internet that confused the ability of people to send out mass emailings and to avoid any potential issues the owner of the FLF decided to discontinue the Newsletter. Age may also have been a factor. He will continue to leave the forum up as a reference source but will no longer send out the monthly newsletter.
---Mark Twain
LazerusLong Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 10:15:10 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 173 post(s)
Mormondad wrote:
... Apparently there was some changes to the laws of Canada dealing with mass communications over the internet that confused the ability of people to send out mass emailings and to avoid any potential issues the owner of the FLF decided to discontinue the Newsletter. Age may also have been a factor. He will continue to leave the forum up as a reference source but will no longer send out the monthly newsletter.

Do you know the specifics of that legal change in Canada? It sounds like something I should be aware of.

Do you subscribe to Tom Pine's TNTN Newdsletter? http://www.thenakedtruth...s.com/Newdsletters.aspx Frequently has some good stuff.
The ways of God, government, & girls are all mysterious & it is not given to mortal man to understand them. - LazarusLong
Mormondad Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 2:24:18 AM(UTC)

LazerusLong wrote:
Mormondad wrote:
... Apparently there was some changes to the laws of Canada dealing with mass communications over the internet that confused the ability of people to send out mass emailings and to avoid any potential issues the owner of the FLF decided to discontinue the Newsletter. Age may also have been a factor. He will continue to leave the forum up as a reference source but will no longer send out the monthly newsletter.

Do you know the specifics of that legal change in Canada? It sounds like something I should be aware of.

Do you subscribe to Tom Pine's TNTN Newdsletter? http://www.thenakedtruth...s.com/Newdsletters.aspx Frequently has some good stuff.

The guy doing this wants to keep a strong Christian theme to it, following the FLF's example. I'm not familiar with the TNTN Newsletter.
---Mark Twain
LazerusLong Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2014 2:21:19 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 173 post(s)
I think one of the things I like reading about in naturism is positive experiences, and positive results from naturism in other parts of life. I how an experience with social nudity helped a person feel more comfortable in their own body.

That is my $ 0.02 for article ideas.

LazerusLong
The ways of God, government, & girls are all mysterious & it is not given to mortal man to understand them. - LazarusLong